31 January 2011

Becoming a professional…

The first training camp of the year took place in Tenero and was just finished. It was a nice experience with important things to learn. I think we (the Swiss athletes and Brett Sutton) did a good job during this three weeks time. Of course, we are learning what is required to be professional triathletes. It’s not a game or an easy task; it is about commitment and hard work.

I’ve got a good lesson from Brett regarding what real commitment is. When I thought I was doing a god job, Brett just made me see that I was not. You must have the right priorities and stick to them. Sometimes, doing or not doing small things makes a huge difference. Not just because they make you a better athlete, but because of the attitude and the passion you should have in order to do it.

Then, talking about the place and the organization of the camp, I can say it was really good. Tenero has everything to train well, and the weather was not that bad. We could still go out for some rides!

Furthermore, I also can say that I’ve been doing a good work at school. During these three weeks I did what I haven’t done for more than a month! Well, actually it was in part my fault because I didn’t followed the school program, so I had some accumulated work… But I’ll be presenting my final exam at the end of February. Then, I just planned to study German for six months (before starting my last English course). Yes, I really need it!!! It would be a break for my English work, but also an opportunity to go on with my growing. J

Well, in simpler terms, I have to keep working hard hard hard!! And I must act as a professional; be a professional! No kidding myself anymore…  

2 comments:

  1. Go, go, girl.
    SN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Siga soñando. La vida es hecha de sueños.
    Siempre te animaré a seguir soñando.
    Lo demás es una continua práctica personal para lograrlo.

    http://www.sportscoachingbrain.com/motivationaint-no-such-thing/#more-391

    ReplyDelete