6 June 2011

… harden the fuck up!

Hello,

There is now one week after my I did my last race in Brasschaat. I think it was enough time to reflect, and learn about everything to continue my growth.

Sincerely, I don’t want to talk too much about this, as it was not a good experience. I didn’t finish the race, and I won’t give any excuses. I have weaknesses and I’m not tough enough yet. Brett told me: “Harden the fuck up!!” or in other words: "stop being a fucking pussy and act as if you had a fucking pair of balls."

But after this week of training, and talking with Brett a bit, I got some other ideas of my result. On the swim, I was not on the first pack. Why? I felt I did my best and even like that, I wasn’t able to be there! Why? Well, after Brett watch me training, he told me I’ve lost at least 20% of my arms power… what does that mean? Well, I didn’t work as I should have worked (enough work with paddles/strength). So I lost quite fast a part of my strength; and not just on the swim, but on everything... I think this was a quite stupid mistake from my part, but I didn’t notice anything till now… So now we’re working very hard to recover my strength as fast as I lost it. It’s not funny, it’s hard. This week was hard!! Till today, that it is my rest day!!

And well, now I’m here in Leysin, a good place to work on your strength as it’s surrounded by mountains… and… hills!! So, running and biking uphill!! All the time!! But it’s nice, the landscape it’s really beautiful.

So, in conclusion, I just have to work harder and… harden the fuck up!     

Here are some images taken from my hiking day (rest day) going up to the Kuklos Revolving Panoramic Restaurant:












1 comment:

  1. HOLA RUTH, MUY GUAPO EL SITIO DONDE ESTAS ENTRENANDO << O VIVIENDO, UNA PENA LO QUE TE PASO EN BRASSCHAAT, QUERRIA DARTE UN POCO MAS ANIMOS. MI NOMBRE ES DENNIS Y POR CASUALIDAD NOS HEMOS ENCONTRADO EN EL TALLER DEL MECANICO DE BICIS, TE ACUERDAS¿? EL DIA SIGUIENTE PARTICIPE EN EL SPRINT Y ESTABA CURIOSO DE VERTE EN ACCION. ME ENTERE DE TU NOMBRE Y TE BUSCABA UN POCO PORQUE ME DI CUENTA QUE TIENES RAICES MEJICANAS,VERDAD¿? YO SOY BELGA DE BRASSCHAAT PERO SALI DE ALLI HACE 15 AÑOS Y FUI A TRABAJAR EN ESPAÑA(TAMBIEN TRABAJE EN MEXICO DURANTE 6 MESES), DONDE TODAVIA ESTOY.,MAS CONCRETO LAS ISLAS CANARIAS, TENERIFE. BUENO ERA INTERESSANTE NUESTRO ENCUENTRO Y SI TE APETECE CONOCERME MEJOR,MI MAIL ES : dennis.konings@iberostar.com o en facebook usuario dennis.konings1
    UN SALUDO

    ReplyDelete