Hi everybody,
I just saw this famous movie G.I. Jane for the second time. The first time I saw it was when I was younger. I don’t even remember at what age, but well, this time I really enjoy it! It was really motivating for me!! And I’m writing this just to share this quotation with all of you, as in my last post I was talking about pain and my experience dealing with it. Now, this quote talks about the same! Pain!!
“Pain is your friend, your ally, it will tell you when you are seriously injured, it will keep you awake and angry, and remind you to finish the job and get the hell home. But you know the best thing about pain?”... “It lets you know you're not dead yet!"
Did you like it!!??????
Without pain there is no pleasure, would say Tom Szasz. Just like Socrates before daying.
ReplyDeleteYES!!!
ReplyDeleteTO CONQUER PAIN IS TO CONQUER FEAR.
GO MY LOVED BIG GIRL!
Vince Lombardi believed PAIN brought him closer to perfection. That is, the ability to bear the pain.
‘’One boy, determined to break this opponents regardless of personal agony, demoralized eleven other boys, all as big as (or bigger than) he, and as good as (or better) football players. Their undoing was their inability to understand how the human will can drive the body to do things that defy REASON.
I have never forgotten that day and the lesson I learned. Like my teammates, I had a healthy fear of pain, but I realized that this fear could be overcome and that man who could overcome it had a distinct advantage over those who lived in its thrall….
In the years since, I have used that lesson well. Pain, in one sort or another, is everywhere. It is painful to confront a problem in mathematics that you cannot solve. It is excruciating to roll blank paper into a type writer and have no words come for hours….
These are MENTAL agonies, but they are no less real than the physical, and I am convinced that learning to live with and transcend physical pain can give one the inner strength to conquer the mental variety.’’
L. Pearce Williams 1971 Cornell-Rutgers football game.
The most important thing is winning. If you're not in the fight, there's no excitement. It's not about the participation. It's about the scariness of lining up when you have a chance."
ReplyDeleteJake Wetzel by way of Ken Read
Go big girl!